Monday, August 3, 2009

Garden





So.... no baby yet. I'll blog about my garden!

Colby and I do not enjoy yard work. It honestly feels like some form of punishment to both of us (probably because it was at some point in both of our lives).
Since we have lived in our house I have attempted to have a vegetable garden and I have failed miserably each year.
This year Colby was invited to go on a bear hunting/baiting trip. Whether or not I agreed to him going is still up for debate. He went anyway. So when he returned there was a small list of chores for him to complete. One included adding a bunch of organic soil to our garden area. My parents borrowed a tiller from the Gunn's and I asked if Colby could use it, but he declined (in only the way that Colby can) and did it on his own with the ghetto claw thing. Once again, his stubbornness paid off, and we got a great garden! I have no idea if it was the organic soil or just the fact that we added more nutrients to our existing soil. I'm guessing its the latter.
I haven't had much success with tomatoes in the past, and I have great clients who have great gardening advice, so our tomatoes ended up in pots this year. When I potted them Colby said, "Don't even ask me once to water your pots." And I didn't for quite a while. Then I got huge and carrying a water pot is easier said than done. So every night he comes home from work and makes sure everything is watered. Its great!!
I'm excited to eat all of our yummy veggies. The yellow squash has about a million weird looking warts on it so I'll have to find some special recipe for that, but I know what to do with the rest.

Only 8 days to go until my due date. If you would have asked me a month ago I would have been for sure that he would already be here. Now I have no idea. I have a Dr. appointment tomorrow morning and hopefully he'll just tell me that I have been in labor and just didn't know it. Dream on right?!

3 comments:

  1. WOW!!! What a garden. I can't wait to see you on Friday--no little baby boy until after that!!! Seriously, good luck. I love you tons and can't wait for the little man to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice garden! I'm really hoping yours produces so many vegetables that you have to pawn some off on me - because even though my plants are gorgeous, so far all I've got is grape sized green tomatoes. Cool nights mean I don't have to run my air conditioner all that often...but my veggies take forever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed that you Garden! And you did it while pregnant, even more impressing. Your veggies look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete