I haven't been able to blog for so long! This will be a quick update on what is happening in our lives.
Just 26 days until my due date! I cant believe it! We are really excited to have our little man get here. I'm now to my weekly Dr. appointments. I saw him Tuesday and he said I'm dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. If it changes next week that is good, we'll know more then. I hope something changes! I do realize that I could go until my due date without any changes.
We have gotten his room pretty much set up and all of the clothes washed and put away. I went to Target the other day to get baby hangers, and of course that is the only thing I didn't buy! There will probably be a few things that we will need after he gets here, but we got so many nice things at the baby showers I don't feel stressed about not having enough. He already has great strollers, and a car seat and a bunch of other baby gear that we are happy to have!
A couple weeks ago we got to go to our friends cabin. We had a really fun time. Our usual friends came. There was road construction on the way home and every car that drove got nasty rock chips. The Trailblazer took on a little extra front end damage, but Colby did a great job fixing it on Sunday. We tried to have a campfire, but everyone got eaten alive by bugs so it didn't last very long. Colby and I had a great time and we were really happy that our friends invited us.
Our favorite summer shows are Deadliest Catch and So You Think You Can Dance. We are going to start to TIVO a new one on Discovery called The Colony. Colby says its going to be the best show ever so the reason I'm blogging about it is I want someone to watch it with us so we can talk about it. I think it starts next Tuesday. Set your TIVO.
It feels like for the past month all we have done is prepare for the baby. I have this desperate need to scour my whole house in Clorox and have things he wont need for six months cleaned and put together. Colby has been a trooper. He has patiently put things in one place, then another, and then back to its original spot. He hemmed the curtains for me because I wasn't feeling well. He even painted my toenails! It must be true love!!! We are both excited for the arrival of our little man. I don't mind if he feels like coming early.
Can't wait for that little man myself!!!!! We will have to drop by and see the room.
ReplyDeleteDennis and Gretchen
Sounds busy but super fun! We are excited for you!
ReplyDeleteNesting cleaning is the best kind!
ReplyDeleteKeep scrubbing with Clorox - you won't have time after the baby gets here! :)