Thursday, April 2, 2009

April Fools

Yesterday was my 26 birthday! Yay! Its funny because I don't seem as upset by getting older each year like Colby does. I think its because he has to go through it right before I do, so once I get there it isn't so bad. I do love the two weeks when he is 2 years older than me though. I did feel a little old, but this cute lady was getting her hair done and I was sitting near her folding towels and she turned and asked if I'm married. I said Yes, for almost four years. She said "Oh, I have two sons. I was just wondering." I said, "Well ... I'm older than your sons." She says, "No. The oldest is 21." Ha! She must have known I was feeling old. Oh well. It made me feel good :) I had a good day. Lots of phone calls and texts saying Happy Birthday! Its amazing to me how many people remember.

Nobody played any April Fools jokes on me this year. My mom was creative and made sure she did something about every year growing up. One year she frosted a piece of foam like a birthday cake and had trick candles on it. Once we got the candles out, she handed Mandy one knife and me another and told us to cut the cake. We sawed and sawed and nothing happened! I was never good in the kitchen, but Mandy figured it out. Luckily Mom had cupcakes in the oven.

Mr. No Name Baby Whitney has a couple of firsts coming up (via belly). His first concert will be Britney Spears! I bet he will love to tell his friends when he is older. His first NASCAR race will be in Phoenix. We leave on the 17 of April. I know his daddy is not that excited, but his mommy is really excited! I love a race car! I think I am feeling him move now. Every once and a while I feel like something pops in my stomach. Its interesting.

On April 11 I'm throwing myself a birthday party. Last year my friend Tyler decided to throw himself one at Lagoon and we went and had a really great time. My party theme is a Road Rally. My dad has taken a ton of time planning and mapping out the places we'll go. I'm really excited, but I'm nervous too. I really want all of my friends to enjoy themselves and I want all the hard work my dad put in to be appreciated. I hope the weather is decent. Maybe this is why I never do parties. I stress way too much before they actually happen!

I just got a phone call from Tessa. She likes the name Ryker. I love talking to her on the phone! Then Asher wanted to talk also and he told me he took a nap and mama cleaned the toilet. He is so funny!

The name Colby likes this week is Roman.
The name I like this week is Ethan.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I missed the birthday--I am so bad!!! Happy belated birthday. Names for Baby Boy Whitney--NOT Roman, Ethan is cute--so is Ryker. And Ryder! See you next week!
    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete