Thursday, February 12, 2009

So Sick. So Mad.

The beginning of week 14 of the pregnancy has not been fantastic. I have been sick everyday so far. Poor Colby. He cant even shower without me running in the throw up. On top of that I've also gotten a cold. Usually I can get over a cold fairly quickly because I load up on Echinacea and Airbourne, but those are no no's if you're prego. So I've had gallons of herbal tea and I'm trying to rest. I feel better today than I did yesterday so things should be better by the weekend.
Last week the baby was the size of a peach. This week the baby is the size of a closed flip phone. Maybe I eat giant peaches, but it seems like a peach is bigger than a phone. Whatever. My back has started to bother me a little bit. I can make it through about four hours at work before it kills. I also have these strange pains, but my book says its normal...things just have to move out of the way for the baby to grow.
My next doctor appointment is Wednesday morning. I hope everything is healthy!

Now. To the So Mad part.

Monday morning I had to go spend my life savings at the beauty supply and I don't like color to sit in my car so I stopped at the salon to drop it off. I left my car running out front and just ran in. Lynda said, "Don't forget your note!" So I grabbed a white slip of paper and went to meet Mandy and Asher at Target.
Once I got there I read the paper. It was titled Salon Trash. It basically said that my genius salon owner took our garbage cans away from us. It kind of made me mad, but I didn't think much of it until I was at work on Tuesday.
Unfortunately I have a job that generates quite a bit of garbage. I mix color and have an empty bottle, I do a weave and have a lot of foil, I cut hair and it needs to go somewhere, etc. Since all I had is a small bin to put everything in I ended up emptying the garbage like three times that day. I put it in the bin out front (secretly hoping Leon gets in trouble or better yet fined for having extra trash). Plus, I absolutely refuse to walk behind our building. My purse was stolen from back there a few years ago and there is just bad karma back there.
Then Wednesday.
Angie called and asked if I would like her to get me a can with a lid, so when I blow dry hair wont go flying everywhere. I said sure. So she brought them in and we set them up. They didn't quite fit under our stations so we put them in different spots and both agreed we'd empty them and put them by our stations at night. Maybe ten minutes went by and here comes Leon. The salon is full of clients at this point, and he comes stomping in the door like a child. (The whole mood in the salon shifts when he comes in. He brings so much tension.) He sees mine and Angie's garbage cans and picks hers up and slams it on the ground next to her! I'm serious! I was so mad. How unprofessional. This is a business, his business! How can he not see how he's acting? Then he tried to pick a fight with Lynda and I had to interrupt my client to ask them to take their argument in the back. I was fuming at this point, but one side effect of being pregnant is I can't voice anything without balling. I decided I would ignore this until I was home.
I got home and Angie called. Leon has posted another note (in his Hitler like style) telling us we have to follow his rules!
Maybe its because I haven't really had a boss for the last eight years, but I don't know how much more of this I can take. I guess all bosses act like giant D-bags at some point. I do know the only reason I have stayed there this long is because I absolutely love the girls I work with.
I'll keep you posted on any other exciting salon drama! I'm supposed to perm Leon's hair next Friday. Yay! Two hours. Just him and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment