Thursday, January 29, 2009
Telling Trish
I have worked at Salon Salon since December of 2001. The salon owners are great people. I don't have much of a relationship with my own grandmother and Trish has definitely taken on that role in my life. She calls to check up on me and to also let me know what is going on in her world. I was hesitant to tell her about my pregnancy. When a couple of the others at work have announced they are having a baby her response has not been nice. Maybe a comment on their weight, or if they can afford it or not. I just didn't want to go through that. I have already told everyone at work (they figured me out anyway) and when I was talking to Laura telling her I was nervous about telling Trish, she said "I think you should, it would give her something to look forward to. Trish is in the last stages of kidney failure." That put it into perspective for me. So I then decided I would tell her at her next hair appointment. She then had some problems at her dialysis and had to be in the hospital for four days. She had a nail appointment with Laura on Tuesday night so I went in to tell her then. I handed her a picture of the ultrasound and didn't say a word. She gave me a confused look so I said "That's my baby" and she said "Oh! Oh! Lee (her husband) get in here!". They were so cute. Trish has been in a wheelchair for almost a year now, and she stood up to give me a hug! She brought tears to my eyes! (and again while typing this). I felt so bad for keeping it a secret. She wants to know if its a boy or girl so she can start shopping right away. She said to congratulate Colby as well. I guess hind sight really is 20/20. I shouldn't have been nervous about telling her. I feel like I made her day better and hopefully gave her some distraction from not feeling well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment