Tuesday, December 29, 2009

2009

This year has been a great one for me and Colby. We were able to go great places, do fun things and have an awesome baby. In November of 2008 we planned a trip to the Oregon coast with our friends Brandon and Loni. In December we found out we were pregnant! Yay! A few weeks after that, I found out about morning sickness (that lasted all day). Oh well! The trip was already paid for. So we went. We all had a great time. I really didn't feel well for a lot of it, but managed to enjoy it.



February and March were quiet for us. We found out we were having a boy on March 16. Colby had a huge sigh of relief. I think it was good for him to have a boy first!

In April, Cheryl, Jamie, and I went to the Britney Spears concert. We had so much fun!
Also Colby and I had a chance to go to the Phoenix NASCAR race. I (of course) loved every second of it. Not so sure about Colby. He was a sport about it though!



Colby went on a hunting trip in May. Technically it wasn't 'hunting' it was baiting. He took Spike, his mule, and rode in the mountains of Idaho. They packed the mules with Idaho spud candy bars. These were reject bars from the factory that were disfigured. His job was to place the bars in an area where bears look for food. Then he sat on a hill, watched for bears, and got a tick in his leg. He did see black bears, but nobody brought one home from this trip.


In June we went up to Joelle's cabin. We had so much fun! Jamie and Justin brought their kids, Tyler, Jenn, and Nick came. Plus Colby and JD. Joelle and I were both pregnant so we didn't go on the four wheelers with everyone, but we had a really good time. I still don't have any pictures of the cabin. I'm waiting for Nick to give me a thumb drive.

July was hot and fat.

August brought me a baby! We love him so much! All the cliches are true. He adds so much to our lives.



September is a blur. All I can remember is that Colby went to Atlanta for eight days when Luke was 3 weeks old. I was exhausted.

Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I was so excited for my baby boy to have the best costume ever. I wanted it to be so original and super great. Ha! I ended up buying it from the childrens place and not thinking twice about it. Maybe next year I'll have a little more energy for a costume.



Thanksgiving was yummy this year. We went to the Wilde's first, then the Whitney's. We have no pictures of Luke's first Thanksgiving (that I know of).

Christmas was fun with Luke. We switched this year and went to the Whitney's first and then the Wilde's. I liked that a lot better. We will have to do that from now on I think. It was easier to have more time at home in the morning. Everyone seemed to have a good time and I hope they liked the gifts they got. Colby and I love everything that was given to us.




No comments:

Post a Comment